Baccarat Strategy and Rules
Think Monte Carlo. Think James Bond. You’d be right in thinking baccarat is one of the most glamorous casino games there is. What’s more, it is one of the simplest and easiest games to play at an online casino.
In bricks and mortar casinos, baccarat was the sport of the rich and famous, which in turn meant everyone else who didn't fit into these categories were advised to play other games. However, thanks to online casinos you can now play online baccarat at any table you like, betting as much or little as you like and spending as much time as you need mulling over your decisions. Although the social environment is slightly different, most if not all baccarat games in online casinos follow the rules set by bricks and mortar casinos; you are seated at a table and both the player and banker will draw 2 or 3 cards usually from one 52 card pack (although some casinos can play with multiple packs.
The aim of the game is to come closest to 9 with the cards you have placed a bet on. If a ten, Jack, Queen or King is revealed then these cards are worth 0 respectively, for reference, an Ace counts as 1.
Ideally, the best baccarat hand you can get is a 6 and 3, as this totals in at 9. Of course, you need to know who to bet on as you have a choice between betting whether the player or banker will get closest to 9, or whether both the player and banker will reach the same number (eg. 7) and tie.
When you first sit down at an online baccarat table, you have to decide how much you wish to place on the player, banker or chance of a tie. This is done by adjusting the chip amount which you can usually find by the betting options towards the bottom of the screen.
If the person you are betting on makes it closest to 9 then you win, it's that simple. If your bet's cards go over 9, the cards amount to 0 and you are dealt another one. The maximum amount of cards you can be dealt is 3, so if you are then dealt a 2 on top of your zero-worth 7 and 3, then the total worth of your hand is 2 and if the person you're betting against has a higher amount, then they win.
Top Baccarat Bonuses by Casinos
|Casino||Review||High Limit||Baccarat Bonus||Baccarat Rating||Play Now|
|William Hill Casino||£150||
|Spin Palace Casino||£1,000||
Now that you know the basic rules of baccarat, it's time to move on to some of the key terms. Memorise our baccarat glossary and you'll be well on your way to understanding this entertaining casino game.
- In baccarat can choose to bet on the banker, if you do so then some online casinos have a stipulation where you pay a certain percentage of your winning bet to the house.
- This is how much money you choose to place on either the player, banker or the chance the two will tie.
- The commission in baccarat is how much you pay to the house if you bet on the banker and win.
- Payout Schedule
- This is how much each hand combination pays, which differs in certain online casinos.
- In baccarat you can choose to place your bets on the player and if you win, no commission is taken from your winning bet.
- Instead of betting directly on the banker or player, you can choose to be on whether the two will reach the same number with their cards and tie.
|Where to Play||Decks Used||Commission||House Edge|
|Spin Palace Casino||1||5%||2.95%|
|Jackpot City Casino||1||5%||3.87%|
Best Casinos for Baccarat
Baccarat is available in the majority of our featured casinos, so we have compiled a quick selection of the best online casinos to play Baccarat.